Tuesday 26 June 2012

Wa-Wa Mama

Ever wanted to go to a restaurant or felt a craving for a particular food but could not go? I am sure many people have experienced such thing but how many were prevented from following their cravings simply because they do not meet the height of the restaurant's tables?!!

Five years ago during a work internship my team decided to go to Wagamama restaurant, I was excited as I had never been before, once there I realised that I could not see the food, why you may ask, because the height of the table reached my head!!!!!! I felt bad for the rest of the team and did not feel it was fair that they all had to move because of me, so stayed but had to be fed or handed down the food by a friend.
Not only I could not join the others in their conversation but I felt like a 'pet' that is seated below the table with food handed down to it. I was so annoyed I decided never to go there again, although I have to admit their food was quite yummy.

Last month after a theatre trip my friend and I went to Westfield London and found an accessible Wagamama but once inside I saw that after all these years they still have those discriminating tables. But if they have not changed, then I have, I did not stay and tolerate like last time and will not be passive, so I wrote to complain and hope some action may soon be witnessed.

Here is my complaint:


I am a disabled person who uses a wheelchair and that in itself seems to be the deciding factor in preventing me from dining at Wagamama as millions of others enjoy doing.

The reason being is the height of your table, I appreciate it adds a unique style to your establishment but at the same time it discriminates against wheelchair users like myself, who can not reach the table, I was invited to Wagamama 5 years ago and once there i realised the table reachedlevel of my head so I had to be handed the food or fed by my companion, few weeks ago I visited Wagamama again in the hope things have improved, I was very wrong as the tables were still the same. This time I did not stay.

I don't understand why there can't be a mixture of tables, that way you ensure that everyone regardless of their height can use your establishment, and at same time maintaining your unique style .  

No comments:

Post a Comment